Laverbread, Cockles and Pembrokeshire Bacon Quiche
Serves 4 - 6
300g Ready Made Shortcrust Pastry
For the filling:
200g of bacon
200g of laverbread
200g of cockles
2 egg yolks
200ml of cream
Salt and pepper
1. Prepare your surface with flour and rub your rolling pin
with flour before rolling out the pastry, to around 3mm
2. Place pastry in a 20cm quiche dish and blind bake by
covering the pastry with greaseproof paper and add
baking beans or dried pulses/ rice on top of the paper to
keep the pastry down while cooking. Place the dish in an
oven at around 180C for 15 mins, until the pastry is
golden and lovely.
3. While blind baking your pastry, chop up your bacon into
small pieces and add to a frying pan.
4. Once the juices from the bacon start flowing, add the
laverbread and mix together.
5. Once the bacon and laverbread mixture has cooked take
off from the heat and let it cool.
6. When cooled mix in the cockles and add seasoning, taste
Mix the eggs and egg yolks together in a jug and add the
cream and mix again.
8. Place the laverbread, cockles and bacon mixture on top of
your pastry and pour the egg and cream mixture on top.
Mix together with a fork and place in the oven at 180Cish
and cook for approx. 30 - 40mins or until set and golden
9. Serve hot or cold.
This quick order box contains...
- Bethesda Rindless Back Bacon (250g) £10.67/Kg
- Tenby SeaFayre Frozen Laverbread (200g)
- Tenby SeaFayre Cockles (approx 100g)
- Cresswell Free Range Eggs (Half Dozen) (Medium)
- Fresh Produce Centre Fresh Double Cream (290ml)